... until baby C makes his arrival! (Although, I'm hoping it's a tad bit earlier). I've been home for an entire week for my very early maternity leave ... long story. My boss didn't really have the money to pay me for another month so I didn't really have a choice. As much as I feel bad being home not bringing home some dough, sometimes I think God has other plans. Maybe I need this time to relax/sleep, organize/clean, bake/cook and reflect on the major change that is about to happen in our family. Seriously though, I think it's costing more money for me to stay home right now - I'm now finding small projects to start (not good)! We have however finished the nursery for the most part - I have a few loose ends to tie up but it is ready for it's next resident. :) We also at the last minute decided to redo the hall bath to make it kid friendly for the boys. Excuse me if I've already talked about this but it's a surf / beach theme. I'm just looking to either make or find a really cool surfboard to put above the toilet and as we speak I have towels getting monogrammed for both boys. It'll be a fun room when it's 100% complete. But we all know nothing around here is ever 100% done. Look at E's room - which is GOING to be done before this baby comes, if it kills me! :)
Other ways I am spending my time is by preparing meals to freeze for when baby comes (any suggestions are welcome), scrapbooking, reading, cleaning and organizing and just resting. I just purchased "The Help" last night and I'm hoping to dive into that soon. As far as scrapbooking, I'm just trying to stay caught up on Ethan's yearly book I've done since he's been born, our family album and finish baby #2's so I can just stick pictures in there when we take them. My other goal is to finish this durn wedding album which will be 7 years old in a month! I'm not sure I'll get all of it done but hopefully we'll be one step closer!
I have been to three consignment sales - Upscale Weesale (which I consigned at), For Every Season and one up in Huntersville, which was not really worth the gas I put into going. There are two more coming up next week then I'll be done. I'm just on the search for shoes - if you have a boy you know exactly where I'm coming from. I just buy consignment Stride Rite but E has club feet so I have to find wide, and not worn down to the nubs. He does that enough by just wearing them! So needless to say, it's very hard to find some. I'm good to go with clothes for both boys so luckily I haven't had to spend a lot of money this season on clothing. Thank God! I did spend a little chunk of money on a double stroller so I can walk with both boys when the summer comes and they'll both be home with me. Yikes - that is so scary but exciting to think about.
I will have more random thoughts to come ...
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment