Wednesday, April 6, 2011
History Repeats Itself
Well this has been an interesting past two days to say the least. Monday morning I started having contractions. They were not close together or very hard but they were contractions none the less and that was progression. We dropped E off at school and Chris and I went to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We decided to do other errands that involved walking and walking then headed home. I took a nap and when I got up, contractions had come to a complete stop and didn't start back that day. Tuesday morning contractions started back. They were a bit harder and closer together. I had a doctors appointment that morning so I was excited to see the progress that had been made. The midwife I've been seeing was coming off being on call and wasn't in the office, so I saw another doctor that I really liked. He measured my cervix at 3 cm and told me we should be having this baby within the next 24 hours! So of course I left on could nine! He was going to call into the hospital by 1:30 and let them know I was coming. The other piece of information that made things a little hairy was that there were down power lines all around the hospital from the huge thunderstorm that came Monday night. Nurses were having a really terrible time getting in and out so therefore there were some really tired and irritable nurses still working the shift from the night before. The doctor warned us that we better be in true hard labor or they would send us home. We got to the hospital a little early at 1 PM so we wouldn't get stuck in any crazy traffic. I was NOT having this baby in the car! When we got there, they did all seem irritated that they were unaware of our arrival. Long story short - they hooked me up to a machine for about 45 minutes to monitor my contractions and baby's heartbeat. They also checked my cervix and it was still at 3 cm. They made us walk the halls for an hour and the contractions once again came to a complete stop. Urgh! I was so frustrated and down and about to just break down in tears right then and there. I was so sure we were gonna have our little man. So, they sent us home. Here we are here today and no contractions at all. I had a few last night as I was sleeping but none that would truly count towards hard labor. As it stand now, we will just wait it out. They told me to make an appointment for 41 weeks - YIKES! So I did but not with my midwife. She is not even available until Thursday and that is very frustrating. I left her a call today to to talk to her about induction, which was in the plans if I still hadn't had the baby by the due date, but have not heard back. Pray for us but more importantly me. I am losing focus on the big picture because I'm just ready to have this baby. I know God is constantly teaching me a lesson in patience and this isn't any different. I just get discouraged and disappointed very easily and this was not what I anticipated. Let's hope this baby decides to make a move very soon. I'm off to get a pedicure and have my calves rubbed down so maybe, just maybe, that will help speed things along! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment