Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Riverbanks Zoo


Saturday morning we ventured out to Riverbanks Zoo and had a blast! The weather was PERFECT in the morning. A slight overcast and a breeze in the air made enjoying the animals that much better. As soon as we walked through the gates, Ethan immediately wanted to see the giraffes. That was all he talked about past the grizzly bear, gorillas and elephants.


We were finally to the giraffes and he got the opportunity to feed them. He got a kick out of feeding the baby until the mama came a little too close!


Then we ventured over to the farm area and then E heard the choo choo train. So of course we HAD to ride that.


We saw the monkeys, lions, tigers and koalas. Then we took a stroll across the bridge over to the garden area in the haze of pollen. I could not believe how much pollen was in the air. I've never seen it that bad! All the times I've been to the zoo, I've never gone over that bridge to the garden. We took a short walk in the woods and it was so peaceful and serene.


We joked at the end of the day that we were admitting a new animal species - Ethan. He was ALL over the place running from one exhibit to the other. Needless to day, I was exhausted. We finished up the day with a picnic lunch. What a wonderful day! We were excited for what was to come the next day - Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,

    If I haven't told you before, your blog has become my favorite to check. I LOVE "hearing" you tell about your every day adventures and seeing Ethan grow up.

    Funny story: This weekend Gary's aunt said, "Melissa, I am really worried about one of the girls on your blog. She is a young mother that has a little boy and I think you went to school with her. She hasn't updated in a long time, and I am just really worried about her." I told her that you made your blog private, and she was really relieved. Your style has a way of drawing others in. My mom asks about you all the time too. When I go to her house I log on so that she can get all caught up on you, C, and E.

    Hope you have a great week! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete