Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To Infinity ... and beyond!


On the July the Fourth E had his very first movie theatre experience. We went to see Toy Story 3. We have been talking about it for a couple of days to build it up. After his nap we put on our Toy Story t-shirt from Nana and Pa, which he willingly wanted to put on, and headed to the movies. We explained the theatre is where you come to buy a ticket, popcorn and an ICEE and see a movie on a really big screen instead of on a TV at home. Once the movie started he only had to hear a few voices of the characters and the Toy Story logo to know it had started. He yelled out "Buzz!" and I heard a few people giggle in their seats. He sat through the film the entire time besides switching seats a few times between Chris and I. He did really well and enjoyed the movie, from what I could tell. The next day we drove by the theatre and he yelled out "See a movie and eat popcorn!" We just laughed. I'm glad he had a good time and I can't wait until next summer when Cars 2 comes out. I think he will be even more excited to see that than Toy Story 3. Oh Lord help us all.

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited about Cars 2 as well! Ian will flip too...he LOVES "Lightning NeQueen" as he calls him. Maybe we can arrange to take them together! So glad Ethan had a good first movie experience!

    ReplyDelete