Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cookies With Mama

Last weekend Ethan and I made Christmas cookies .... and had a blast! I attempted this last year with a disaster at hand. He wasn't into it and I was left cleaning up a huge mess. This year, I had the dough already premade and ready to go. To get the ball rolling, I showed him we needed to put flour on the surface. Then I dabbed him on the nose with the flour. He got such a kick out of that, he decided to shower me with flour.


We just giggled and had a good time. I then showed him how to roll the dough out and then cut it with the cookie cutters. He was really focused and had a good time doing it.

As much as he loves sprinkles, he wanted to put the sprinkes on before they were cooked. That was fine - it was his show and I was just observing!

We then put the cookies in the oven and every now and then he'd come to check on them.

After they cooled we then decorated them with chocolate icing and TONS of sprinkles (which you will see on my Christmas post). We had a great time!

1 comment: