Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visit to Ol' St. Nick

This years' visit to see Santa was a hit! The previous two years have been just awful so I was not setting the bar high this year. The first year was our fault for waiting up until the very last weekend to take him. We went to Carolina Place Mall in Pineville the Sunday afternoon before Christmas and didn't know you had to actually get a pager to see Santa. So we go have a leisurely lunch, head back, THEN got the news. We ended up being at the mall for 4 hours total just to get a picture. Then last year, we just decided to go to the Galleria Mall in Rock Hill. Santa and his elves didn't give a flying flip about the kids and it was more like get em' in and get em' out. Besides the fact that E and I stood in line for about 15 minutes just to get to the front and them tell us that Santa has to go "feed his reindeer". Yeah - tell that to a crying 2 year old and see what he does. That was just plain awful. Fast forward to this year and it was magical! I really wanted to cry. We decided to go to South Park Mall in Charlotte and the set up was beautiful! Beautiful tree, helpful and friendly elves, very real looking Santa. He was SO nice to Ethan and even took the time to really talk to him on his level about what he wanted for Christmas. He even told him he was extra special because Ethan was the first child he's seen this year that was born on Christmas Day. E was grinning from ear to ear and I just wanted to cry. Thankfully I didn't because I would've looked like a baffoon. I was very pleased and as you can tell from the pictures, so was Ethan. Definitely a memory to cherish.

1 comment:

  1. This almost made me cry! Definitely gave me cold chills :) Glad the Santa visit was a success!!

    ReplyDelete