Next I headed over to the rice aisle. I think everyone and their mama were on this aisle and I'm guessing because the rice was free with the tripled coupon. One lady just pulled her cart on over and parked it literally in front of the rice so no one else could get any. She then proceeded to take as much as she could leaving none for anyone else. They do limit you to three of the same item and/or coupon, so that helps. By the time I got over there, there wasn't much left.
After practically getting run over by these crazy coupon ladies and their baseball card coupon books (I guess I shouldn't judge - that may be me one day), I made my way to the check out line. It was already 8:45 and I had a 9:30 appointment I needed to get to so I had to cut my fun time short. I do have to say I will give serious kudos to the lady who checked out right before me. After all was said and done, the cashier told her SHE owed the customer money. Since they can't do that, she had to find something that would equal $1.20, so she grabbed a pack of gum. She paid 10 cents for $60 worth of groceries. She's my hero! I've never been able to do that!
With some of the things that made me irate, here are some highlights of the morning:
- Reynolds Aluminum foil - 75 cents each
- Mahatma Rice - 19 cents each
- Lysol Kitchen cleaner and toilet bowl cleaner - FREE!
- Can of Dole mandarin oranges - .17 cents each
- Ortega taco seasoning - FREE!
- Texas Toast croutons - 20 cents each
- Oral B toothpaste for EE - $1
- McCain crinkle french fries - 75 cents each
Not too shabby huh?
ugh, i miss triple coupons at Bloom!! they haven't done anything in a while and they don't double on a daily basis :( this past week, they doubled up to $0.50. WHAT??? Bi-lo doubles to $0.60 and you can at least get some money towards gas. so sad!! i loved trying to see what I could get for free! i do get annoyed by those ladies who have 2 or even 3 cards for one store just get be able to use more coupons. i don't have the guts and am happy with what I get. you did great!
ReplyDeleteGirl you make me JEALOUS!!!! Amazing! Bo would be so proud of me if I could do that!
ReplyDeleteI NEVER get to do the triple coupons at HT b/c Thursday is the earliest I can ever make it to the store. And, I know there's NO point in going then, because everything will be cleaned out! And you better watch it talking about us baseball card coupon book ladies - LOL!! :) I think I'm gonna buy you one for Christmas just so you have to start carrying one, too!
ReplyDelete