Now that the holidays are quickly approaching, as much as I hate to admit it, I have to start thinking about what to get Ethan. In the meanwhile, Ethan has started working on his letter to Santa ... wink wink ... so here is what he came up with so far:
Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy this year, despite the not listening thing, and the constant getting out of my bed (hey - it's their fault they put me in a toddler bed so early ... I liked my crib just fine), and the tantrums that I like to throw when they won't let me watch Phineaus and Ferb or a movie. Anyways, I think for the most part I bring joy to my parents. They are always kissing and hugging me really tight (I usually can't breathe) when they see me. Also, they are always telling me they love me very much. Last year I couldn't really tell them I loved them, but now I can shout it out loud ... and I do. I also tell them I love them THIS MUCH (with my arms out wide). I know they care about me and are trying to raise me the very best that they can so that I will grow up living in God's word. I love them for that. Let's get down to business. With all of this said, here is what I would like for Christmas:
Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy this year, despite the not listening thing, and the constant getting out of my bed (hey - it's their fault they put me in a toddler bed so early ... I liked my crib just fine), and the tantrums that I like to throw when they won't let me watch Phineaus and Ferb or a movie. Anyways, I think for the most part I bring joy to my parents. They are always kissing and hugging me really tight (I usually can't breathe) when they see me. Also, they are always telling me they love me very much. Last year I couldn't really tell them I loved them, but now I can shout it out loud ... and I do. I also tell them I love them THIS MUCH (with my arms out wide). I know they care about me and are trying to raise me the very best that they can so that I will grow up living in God's word. I love them for that. Let's get down to business. With all of this said, here is what I would like for Christmas:
LEGO DUPLOS
I love building things especially when it involves something with wheels or animals. I think that's why I would really like Legos that are actually in my age range like Duplos.
I love building things especially when it involves something with wheels or animals. I think that's why I would really like Legos that are actually in my age range like Duplos.
MY OWN LAPTOP
Mom and Dad are always on theirs posting pictures or blogging about me or Mom reading about Twilight (whatever), so I figured I'd join in on the fun. There are some pretty educational ones out there too so at least I won't be rotting my brain but I'd actually learn a thing or two.
MOVIES OR SHOW DVDS
Toy Story 3 is now out and that will certainly add to my TS collection. Plus I really like A Bugs Life, Pheinneus and Ferb, Curious George and Tarzan.

MY VERY OWN CHAIR OR FLOOR PILLOW
I asked for this last year and I think Mom is holding out for that new munchkin due to arrive in April, so we could have cutsy chairs that match side by side with our names on them. As long as I get one so I can watch a movie in our fancy new playroom I'm good to go! Chocolate brown please. Gotta be manly.

BOOKS, PUZZLES, AND ART SUPPLIES!
I still love books, puzzles and art stuff. I still get so excited when I get my monthly Highlights magazine from Nana and Pa! And that new moon sand is pretty neato.
NEW TRAIN ACCESSORIES
I'm still digging my train set you gave me last year Santa, so some new accessories would be a lot fun. I even like the new Chuggington collection or the remote controlled GeoTrax ... especially the Radiator Springs version. Those are pretty cool too!
ANYTHING WITH ANIMALS OR DINOSAURSI love reading or watching anything about animals or dinosaurs, so some cool figurines or playsets would be a lot of fun. My parents particularly like it when I roar like a T-Rex, which I do quite often. Even in public just to embarass them! :)

MY VERY OWN PLAYGROUND IN MY BACKYARD
I do realize this is a very tall order but I sure do love playing on a playground whenever I can. It would be pretty neat to have one right there in my backyard ... especially when I wake up Christmas morning.
GUITARS, DRUMS OR A PIANOI am constantly singing or "playing the drums or guitar", so I need to practice since I AM going to be a rock star when I grow up, much to Mom and Dad's dismay. I am in awe of the worship band at church! Then mom can have her wooden spatulas back ... ya know, the ones I broke because I was rockin' out so hard. PS - Mom asks to NOT get me a really loud drum set or she will not believe in you anymore, whatever that means!
Well St. Nick, I think those are the main things I'm really wanting this year. I can't be too greedy because that 's not what Christmas is all about. I know that for sure seeing that I'm pretty tight with Jesus and all. We've got something in common - we were born on the same day. Thank you for taking time to read my letter and I promise, once this toddler phase passes, I'll listen to my mom and dad a lot more. I'm going to be a great kid - just you wait and see! Say hi to those cool reindeer for me and I promise to leave you some really yummy cookies this year. And I know that little sneaky elf will be watching me too. I haven't forgotten.
Peace out,
EG
No comments:
Post a Comment