So this is where we spent one week of vacation bliss. Our family, including my sister and Uncle Tim and my parents, headed down to the serene town of Edisto Island. It was hands down the best beach vacation I've ever had and the house and location were absolutely gorgeous. One one side of the house was marsh with the beach just over the dunes and on the other side was a creek with a dock. The beach was a short, quiet walk through an adjacent neighborhood. I will say short but on a hot and humid afternoon (which was every afternoon) it felt like two miles. Regardless, the beach was GORGEOUS and pristine. They even had loggerhead turtles nesting nearby! By the end of the week, between the three families we took over a thousand pictures. I've narrowed them down to just a mere 400, so hold on to your britches! :) Just kidding! But I did break them down into each day so enjoy!
On Saturday we arrived an hour before check-in time so Chris and Ethan and I took a walk to the beach. Once we got back to the house and unloaded our stuff, we relaxed in the backyard and on the dock. Uncle Tim and Aunt Liv gave Ethan a Lighting McQueen fishing rod, which he was attached to the entire week, so we put it to good use.
After about an hour hanging out outside, we were literally melting. We busted out the slip n slide and also put that to good use! We just decided to do it with our clothes on instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment